Buy a Gift Voucher
The Art of Pastry - Lamination & Shortcrust (Syd)
Learn to mix, laminate, and bake croissant dough!
Mastering the art of lamination and shortcrust is a true gift that takes plenty of practice, but once you have mastered it you'll become a friend of many. Join us for this hands on workshop where we'll show you exactly how to mix, laminate and bake beautiful croissants and pastries. Leave with not only newly acquired knowledge and skill but also your own freshly baked pastries and sheets of croissant dough to finish off at home.
Understand the importance of ingredient selection to make your own laminated dough and shortcrust products including croissants, danish, tarts, pies & pastries. We will also make some delicious savoury tarts out of buttery shortcrust to enjoy with refreshments while we wait for our pastries to bake.
This adult class for is suitable for the beginner/intermediate level baker, and we also welcome teenagers if they attend with another paying adult attendee.
Breaducation Booking Terms & Conditions
For all adult baking workshops;
- Bookings and full payment in advance is mandatory
- +18yrs of age is required to attend this workshop, teenagers are welcome if they attend with another paying adult attendee.
- Pre-purchased gift vouchers are also regarded as payment. To book a class with a pre-paid gift certificate you can book online using your voucher number for payment.
- No refunds or rescheduling is permitted within (7) days of the scheduled class
If you are unable to attend the class within this period you can elect to send someone else in your place by notifying our customer service team on 1300 966 845 or in writing at email@example.com
- Brasserie Bread reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a class for reasons concerning Brasserie Bread. If a class has been cancelled due to low attendance, sickness or any other matter regarding Brasserie Bread, all students will be notified within 24 hours of the class commencement time with the option to reschedule to another date, or full refunds will be provided.
- A minimum of 6 participants is required to run a scheduled class. In the event that minimum numbers are not reached, Brasserie Bread reserves the right to either reschedule your booking or request to transfer your booking into another scheduled class. In the event that the class is cancelled the participants will be notified as soon as possible and no later than 24 hours before the scheduled class date.
- Our allergy policy applies to all workshops.
Attending a Class;
To ensure that our class runs smoothly please treat the booking as you would a concert ticket and turn up on time for the beginning of the class. We kindly ask that you arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your class as we will be preparing for your class until this time.
- Our address is: in Sydney - 1737 Botany Road, Banksmeadow.
- Parking: in Sydney - There is ample, free on road parking along Botany Road and surrounding streets. In Melbourne - There is metered parking available on Thistlethwaite Street and surrounding streets (please check all parking signage before leaving your vehicle).
Brasserie Bread is a fully-operational, commercial-scale Wholesale Bakery and as such, we utilise nuts, wheat, dairy, sugar and other raw natural ingredients and whole foods on our premises every day. Brasserie Bread is aware of potential allergies to these foods and the severity of the reactions some individuals may experience. In the interests of safety and comfort of everybody attending our Baking Classes, Brasserie Bread has a "General Public Allergy Policy". This policy applies to ALL our Baking Classes, including Free Kids Baking Class, School Holiday Baking Program, School Excursions, Artisan Baking Workshops, Pastry Workshops, Private Baking Workshops, Breaducation and Bread Appreciation.
Please review our General Public Allergy Policy before attending any of our Baking Classes.
General Terms and conditions when attending Brasserie Bread (BB)
- RIGHT TO REFUSE: BB holds the right to refuse a student to attend a class if the instructor feels they are intoxicated or may cause harm to themselves or anyone else attending the scheduled class.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: When participating in a BB class/event, where by the student/participant will be around or using sharp and potentially dangerous tools suitable to a kitchen environment, the student releases, indemnifies and excludes BB and its employees from any and all liability of any kind for any damage or injury incurred while attending or visiting BB. The student/participant understands these terms and conditions and accepts the inherent risks of a kitchen environment when they make a full payment for a scheduled class/event.
- START TIME: Classes run by BB will start on time. We advise students to arrive 10 minutes early to minimise the chance of missing any of their lesson time. If a student is late for a class, it is their responsibility to catch up with the rest of the class and minimise disruption, as BB instructors will not have the time to interrupt the class and begin again for every late student.
- DAMAGE/LOSS OF PERSONAL PROPERTY: BB will take all necessary care, but accepts no responsibility for the damage to or loss of merchandise left in the venue prior to, during or after a class/function. BB is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal items in any form. If a student does happen to leave an item in class, the student has 14 days to retrieve the item otherwise BB will donate it to charity.
- DAMAGE/LOSS OF BB PROPERTY: The student or function organiser may be held financially responsible for any damage to or loss of BB property during the class/event. The cost of repairing any damage to walls, doors or other parts of the property as a result of inappropriate conduct will be charged to the person or hiring company involved.
- CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF BB: Should BB be unable to provide for your class or function due to circumstances beyond the control of BB, BB is not responsible for any costs, damages or expenses that you may suffer or incur.
- WEBSITE: This website is owned and operated by BB. The use of this website is subject to our terms and conditions.
- An introduction to ingredient and equipment selection, hand mixing and laminating, hand shaping skills and baking techniques.
- Great recipes and the knowledge, confidence and skill to practice hands-on pastry making techniques at home.
- A personal insight into the world of an Artisan baker.
- We will provide: Ingredients, Equipment, Course materials and Refreshments.
- A hands on, educational and fun experience in our custom built breaducation room.
- The confidence to take the recipes home and bake showstopping pastries for family and friends.
- Do you have a WeTeachMe coupon? IMPORTANT: Please only select "General Admission" ticket to redeem your exclusive discount. Code is INVALID on all other ticket types.
- Expert tuition from an experienced teacher.
There is free street parking available along Botany Rd and adjacent streets.
- Closed in, comfortable shoes.
- Please limit the amount of jewellery you wear as we will be going through our production factory.
Clean clothing and closed in, comfortable shoes
Perfect for passionate, adult (+18yrs of age) home bakers and all lovers of warm, flaky pastries.
The following refund and cancellation policy applies to all Brasserie Bread classes and events.
1.) REFUNDS & TRANSFERS
Refunds or transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 7 days of the class/event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. For cancellations prior to the 7 day cut off, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. There are no fees for refunds or transfers.
If you are unable to attend a class, you can elect to send someone else in your place by notifying our team in writing to the email email@example.com. In the event that BB needs to cancel a class, students will be notified via email, phone call, or text message, and are entitled to either a full refund, or when possible, a transfer.
Anyone partaking in any classes or events at Brasserie Bread (BB), or organised by BB, must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) ALLERGY POLICY
BB is a fully operational wholesale bakery and as such, we utilise & store nuts, wheat, dairy, sugar and other ingredients on our premises every day. BB is aware of potential allergies to these foods and the severity of the reactions some individuals may experience, so in the interests of safety and comfort of everybody attending our baking classes, BB has a "General Public Allergy Policy" which applies to ALL our baking classes. Please review our General Public Allergy Policy before attending any of our baking classes or events.
2.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by BB.
3.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give BB unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at BB classes and events (for use of BB marketing materials).
4.) RIGHT TO REFUSE
BB holds the right to refuse an attendee to attend a class or event if the instructor feels they are intoxicated or may cause harm to themselves or anyone else attending the scheduled class or event.
5.) AGE REQUIREMENT
Adult classes are for attendees 18 years old and over. Teenagers may book into adult classes only if attending with another paying adult. Kids classes are strictly for ages 5 years and older.
6.) START TIME
Classes run by BB are planned to start on time. We advise attendees to arrive 10 minutes early to minimise the chance of missing any of their lesson time. If a student is late for a class, it is their responsibility to catch up with the rest of the class and minimise disruption, as BB instructors will not have the time to interrupt the class and begin again for every late student.
7.) DAMAGE/LOSS OF PERSONAL PROPERTY
BB will take all necessary care, but accepts no responsibility for the damage to or loss of merchandise left in the venue prior to, during or after a class/event. BB is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal items in any form. If an attendee leaves an item behind, the attendee has 14 days to retrieve the item otherwise BB will donate it to charity.
8.) DAMAGE/LOSS OF BRASSERIE BREAD PROPERTY
The class attendee, or event organiser, may be held financially responsible for any damage to or loss of BB property during the class/event. The cost of repairing any damage to walls, doors or other parts of the property as a result of inappropriate conduct will be charged to the person or hiring company involved.
9.) CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF BB
Should BB be unable to provide for your class or function due to circumstances beyond the control of BB, BB is not responsible for any costs, damages or expenses that you may suffer or incur.