Buy a Gift Voucher
School Excursions - Secondary (Sydney)
Brasserie Bread School Excursions are designed to introduce students from a wide range of ages to artisan baking with a focus on traditional, natural food production.
The excursion involves a working bakery tour and a hands on baking masterclass followed by a discussion of the techniques and history of bread making led by one of our experienced educators. The student excursions and bread education tour applies to many areas of the school curriculum including:
- Biology: Brasserie Bread uses its own live yeast Starter culture in its sourdough production. This Starter has now been cultivated and carefully maintained for over 15 years and is responsible for the delicate, unique balance of flavours found in our organic sourdough breads.
- Chemistry: There are many chemical reactions in the bread making process including fermentation, a vital step for the development of the gluten and flavours of the bread, and during the proving and baking steps.
- Tour of the Production Facility
- Hands-on baking masterclass
- Q&A with the Bakers
- There must be one teacher/teachers aid present for every 15 students.
School Excursion Details
- For Years 7-12
- No minimum number required
- Maximum number of students per 2hr session is 30
- A minimum booking charge of $450 + GST applies for 15 students or less.
- Any bookings of more than 15 students will attract the minimum booking fee plus an additonal $30/student fee: $450 + GST + $30 for each additional student Eg. An excursion for 12 High school students costs $450 + GST. An excursion for 18 High school students costs $540 + GST
- History and practices of Artisan baking from ingredient selection through to the finished product including packaging and distribution.
- Micro biology (working with yeast), processing and production systems.
- Sustainability, Quality Assurance, Policy and Legislation.
- Expert tuition from an experienced teacher.
- A hands on, educational and fun experience in our custom built breaducation room.
- The opportunity to link what they are learning in the classroom to what happens in the industry.
There is free street parking available along Botany Rd and adjacent streets.
- Any excursion notes/assignments the students are required to complete as part of their studies.
- A bottle of water for hydration.
Full school uniform (we will supply disposable aprons if required and all food safety uniform requirements; hair nets, etc.)
For studnets enrolled in years 7-10 and years 11 - 12
The following refund and cancellation policy applies to all Brasserie Bread classes and events.
1.) REFUNDS & TRANSFERS
Refunds or transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 7 days of the class/event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. For cancellations prior to the 7 day cut off, please email email@example.com. There are no fees for refunds or transfers.
If you are unable to attend a class, you can elect to send someone else in your place by notifying our team in writing to the email firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that BB needs to cancel a class, students will be notified via email, phone call, or text message, and are entitled to either a full refund, or when possible, a transfer.
Anyone partaking in any classes or events at Brasserie Bread (BB), or organised by BB, must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) ALLERGY POLICY
BB is a fully operational wholesale bakery and as such, we utilise & store nuts, wheat, dairy, sugar and other ingredients on our premises every day. BB is aware of potential allergies to these foods and the severity of the reactions some individuals may experience, so in the interests of safety and comfort of everybody attending our baking classes, BB has a "General Public Allergy Policy" which applies to ALL our baking classes. Please review our General Public Allergy Policy before attending any of our baking classes or events.
2.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by BB.
3.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give BB unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at BB classes and events (for use of BB marketing materials).
4.) RIGHT TO REFUSE
BB holds the right to refuse an attendee to attend a class or event if the instructor feels they are intoxicated or may cause harm to themselves or anyone else attending the scheduled class or event.
5.) AGE REQUIREMENT
Adult classes are for attendees 18 years old and over. Teenagers may book into adult classes only if attending with another paying adult. Kids classes are strictly for ages 5 years and older.
6.) START TIME
Classes run by BB are planned to start on time. We advise attendees to arrive 10 minutes early to minimise the chance of missing any of their lesson time. If a student is late for a class, it is their responsibility to catch up with the rest of the class and minimise disruption, as BB instructors will not have the time to interrupt the class and begin again for every late student.
7.) DAMAGE/LOSS OF PERSONAL PROPERTY
BB will take all necessary care, but accepts no responsibility for the damage to or loss of merchandise left in the venue prior to, during or after a class/event. BB is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal items in any form. If an attendee leaves an item behind, the attendee has 14 days to retrieve the item otherwise BB will donate it to charity.
8.) DAMAGE/LOSS OF BRASSERIE BREAD PROPERTY
The class attendee, or event organiser, may be held financially responsible for any damage to or loss of BB property during the class/event. The cost of repairing any damage to walls, doors or other parts of the property as a result of inappropriate conduct will be charged to the person or hiring company involved.
9.) CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF BB
Should BB be unable to provide for your class or function due to circumstances beyond the control of BB, BB is not responsible for any costs, damages or expenses that you may suffer or incur.